The acoustic underlay for wooden structures
insulWood is the ideal insulation to soundproof lightweight and timber floors against impact and airborne noises in a building. Light structures demand specific materials; thus the chosen layers of the underlay were selected to perform and to behave in accordance to the mass-spring-mass effect even with a lightweight floating floor. insulWood both suits to new construction and renovation. It brings an extremely satisfying acoustic performance that other so thin materials could not supply.
insulWood is a thin and efficient solution that avoids increasing too much the floor thickness. It can be applied to existing wooden flooring or new OSB.
HD foam + felt: a revolutionary acoustic underlay
insulWood is made of a high-density polyethylene film laminated onto an acoustic foam made of a physically reticulated polyolefin foam with closed micro-cells, which has been assembled on a resilient acoustic felt. The overlapping junction provides airtightness, which contributes to reducing airborne noise.
- High performance against impact noise.
- Better airborne noise insulation through the mass-spring-mass principle.
- High density film with a lateral, waterproof and adhesive joint to reduce airborne noise.
- Thin, integrated overlap (± 5 cm), no square metre loss.
- Thin, ≥ 7 mm only.
- Sold in rolls for a quick and easy installation.
- Easy to lay alongside the walls, thus preventing lateral acoustic transmissions.
- Very smooth and resistant structure. During the installation, it is easy to glide the panels on the underlay.
HDPE film, acoustic polyolefin,
≥ 7 mm (under 500 Pa)
Black (HDPE film) / Grey (foam) / Black (felt)
s’t = 5 MN/m³ (EN 29052-1)
425 / 630 kPa
±15 % under 2 kPa (10% tolerance)
20 m x 1 m
Flat adhesive overlap (±5 cm)